High School Uca Nationals 2018 (updates, Etc)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Good luck !!
We compete 3:14 pm Saturday for semis
JR streaks senior rec

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh my gosh your FRIENDS themed Nationals shirts are to DIE for
:shaka::shaka::shaka:
Thank you! We love a good theme lol.
Here is the last piece of their Nationals apparel, gave it to em at our send off dinner last night:

Anyone know why we can't get North and South Arenas on VarsityTV now? My daughters team is supposed to be in Small game day finals and I can't get her arena UGH !!!!

Here’s my UCA nationals update:

If the tents were a 10/10 sucky, then the new arena is at least a 9.5.

The 0.5 improvement is that if it WERE raining, you decreased my chances of getting wet walking from venue to venue by 67%

Here’s my UCA nationals update:

If the tents were a 10/10 sucky, then the new arena is at least a 9.5.

The 0.5 improvement is that if it WERE raining, you decreased my chances of getting wet walking from venue to venue by 67%

Agree 1 million times !
The arena is god awful!
I can not imagine this place at WORLDS!

Problems
1. Too crowded to even walk !
2. Food ran out
3. Not enough seating
4. Can hear music from other sides
5. Downstairs is terrible !!
6. Small bathrooms !!

I just can’t !

Agree 1 million times !
The arena is god awful!

Problems
2. Food ran out
3. Not enough seating
6. Small bathrooms !!

I just can’t !

Can we add to your list that they’ve got 75 coaches from 12 different divisions attempting to get scores/deductions/draw for performance order in a room that’s only slightly larger than my walk-in closet?

I could even hear the music from other venues through the live feed, I can't imagine how distracting it was to those actually performing.

Agree 1 million times !
The arena is god awful!

Problems
2. Food ran out
3. Not enough seating
6. Small bathrooms !!

I just can’t !

At least with Worlds, they will only have one floor in the arena at a time so they won't have the music issue. You would think they would have thought of all these things though.

I could even hear the music from other venues through the live feed, I can't imagine how distracting it was to those actually performing.
On the floor area the audio felt fine. But anywhere in the stands or on video the audio is poor. Waiting for the round announcements via the overhead mic was tough, couldn't hear anything. Very scary in the moment lol

Agree 1 million times !
The arena is god awful!

Problems
2. Food ran out
3. Not enough seating
6. Small bathrooms !!

I just can’t !

The first time my team went to UCA we were unprepared for how overwhelming the experience could be. Up until that point we'd only done USA which is a smaller comp by comparison, but better executed. So while the girls were excited to go to UCA, it was hard to adapt to the time zones, the lack of food stations available, and the limited rehearsal space. Unfortunately it doesn't sound like much has changed. I really think they need JV and/or middle school/rec teams to compete on the following weekend. Just looking at the 33-PAGE SCHEDULE was overwhelming.

Last edited:
Back